Effective date: 31.1.2018
Welcome to Bignest!
When you use our Services, you share some information with us. We are adamantly focused on operational transparency, so we want to be clear about the information we collect, how we use it, who we share it with, and the options you have to control, access and update your information.
1. Information we collect
There are 3 basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Information you choose to give us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, when you register for a Bignest account, we need to collect a few important details about you, such as your full name, and your email address. You need to remember that we never store your password in any form that is readable by us. While not obligatory, you may choose to provide us with some additional information in your profile page, such as your phone number, your address, and your date of birth. In your profile page you may also choose to upload a profile pictures. We reserve the right to view these information for the purpose of displaying the profile picture on your dashboard, for being able to contact you, and, at a later date, to use correct billing information (this at the stage when we introduce payable services, but we promise that the main functionalities of the platform will remain free, and we also promise to inform you when we roll out any payable services).
It should also be said, when you contact our user support desk or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer and choose to send to us.
Information we get when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, which application was open in our focus mode, or with which widget you interacted the most. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
Usage information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with the services, such as time spent interacting with a widget on your dashboard
- where you click most often, and how much time you spent in various subpages of the website
Content information. We collect content you create on our services, such as information about the content you create or provide, and the metadata that is provided with the content.
Device information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect:
- information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level and time zone;
Log information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used our services.
- device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- access times.
- pages viewed.
- IP address.
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- pages you visit before or after navigating to our website.
Information we collect from third parties
We may collect information from a third party after you have accepted such a connection to take place between Bignest and a third party. For example, if you connect a Google account to Bignest, we may use the information that we receive from Google in your name, for the purpose of serving this content to you. We promise to take the highest consideration of security when receiving and handling this information received from third parties. We may also obtain information from our affiliates, or any other third-party sources, and combine that with the information we collect through our services.
2. How we use information
What do we do with the information we collect? We aim to understand the information and continuously improve our products and provide with an ever-greater experience. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain and protect our products and services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support enquiries or to share information about our products, services and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyse trends and usage.
- personalise the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customising the content we show you, including adverts.
- provide and improve advert targeting and measurement, including through the use of your precise location data (again, if you’ve consented to us collecting that data).
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorised or illegal activity.
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
3. How we share information
We may share some of your most essential contact information with other Bignest users, potential future Bignest users, business partners and the general public. We reserve the right to share the following information:
- information about you, such as your name and your email.
- any additional information you have consented for us to share.
With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
With service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality. For more information about data collected by third parties please visit the respected third party’s website.
With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect our, our users' or others' rights, property and safety.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If Bignest Inc. gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties – such as advertisers – aggregated, non-personally identifiable or de-identified information.
4. Third-party content and integrations
The services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded service. Through these links, third-party integrations and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
5. Analytics and advertising services
Provided by others
Provided by us
6. How long we keep your content
We will keep your content as long as you choose keep an active account with Bignest, and while you are using Bignest, we will only keep your content as long as you choose to keep in available on our platform – that is to say, if you are logged in and you delete a piece of information, we will delete it on our side as well within a period of 30 days.
In case we need to amend our deletion protocols, we will inform you. We wish to find a balance between giving you control over your information and providing a better user experience, as sometimes you may wish to recover your deleted information and files. For the time being we have decided on a 30 days deletion period.
7. Control over your information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
Access and updates. We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. However, there are limits to the requests we’ll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. You can access and update most of your basic account information right on the platform by visiting the Settings page. If you need to access, update or delete other personal information that we may have, you can put in a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We will try to update and access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will of course disclose the fee before we comply with your request.
Account deletion. Although we hope you’ll remain a lifelong user of Bignest, if for some reason you ever want to permanently delete your account, send us an email at email@example.com , and we will accommodate your request. If you ask to delete your account, you will have up to 30 days to restore your account before we delete your information from our servers. During this period of time, your account will not be active and you will not be able to access it. Should you wish to reactivate it, just drop us a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Location of data
Although our platform resides in the cloud and can be accessible from around the world, keep in mind that we have to keep our servers located somewhere. For stability purposes, and favourable privacy laws, we maintain our servers in Germany and that is also where your personal information is stored (however, as promised, all personal and sensitive information are encrypted with our purpose build system).
Our services are not intended for — and we don’t direct them to — anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.
You can always contact us for any comments, questions, concerns or suggestions, you may have. Our main email is email@example.com
Bignest Inc. is registered in the United States at 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, Delaware 19958, County of Sussex, with our current operational headquarters located in European Union, Slovenia at Celovška cesta 291, 1000 Ljubljana. For all written communication with Bignest please use this address:
Celovška cesta 291,
or alternatively, send an email to our CEO: